Friday, November 8, 2013

Oi familia!

11/4/13

Hello, hello family!

It's been a kind of a slow week but Halloween was oodles of fun and the weekend exploded with goodness!

We got to stay together as a zone all day for Halloween. Apparently missionaries have been blamed for things on Halloween so we spent all day having zone conference and then dinner and some fun at our Stake President's house. We got to watch a MOVIE! It was so exciting!!! ha-ha We watched Ephraim's Rescue which is a really good one - I'd definitely recommend it! I feel spoiled with all of the incredible missionaries in my zone that I get to be surrounded by!

Saturday night we got such incredible news, it's the big miracle for the week. IMANI IS GETTING BAPTIZED ON SATURDAY!!!! Imani is ten years old and has been taught by the missionaries for 6 months. She has been wanting to get baptized for the longest time but she needed permission from her dad and he wouldn't give it because he didn't feel like she understood the commitment well enough. A miracle happened and Saturday night her dad gave her permission to get baptized!!! We are SO excited!!!! She is the sweetest little girl!

Sunday was just overwhelmingly incredible! We got to make an appearance in primary and answer questions the kids have about mission life and what they can to do be missionaries. I was blown away by these kids who have already shared the gospel with some of their friends! Children are wonderful!

Sunday night was our missionary fireside! The Washington Tacoma mission is a singing mission and we are famous for giving firesides for all of the stakes in our area. Last night was the first one of the season! It was very special and so incredibly powerful! We sang with all of our hearts and some missionaries bore their testimonies. It was a beautiful night. "Amazing Grace" is our mission theme song and it is so powerful every time we sing it together as a mission!

What was even better than the fireside though was probably the opportunity and Sister Phillips, Sister Sandau, and I had to ride to and from the fireside with President and Sister Weaver! On the way there they were a little stressed, but on the way home we had so much personal time with them to talk and laugh and learn! It was such a special experience for me to be with two such powerful people! When we finally got to our car, we were on conference call with the whole mission so we got to stay with president and Sister Weaver for conference call too. It was so different and powerful being in the same car as the weavers as they addressed the whole mission. I just felt like the luckiest girl in the world this weekend!

Scripture for the week: Alma 13: 27-29 SO good!

It has been such a blessing to have mom's scriptures on my mission! As I read I get to read her notes and it puts a whole new, sweet perspective on the scriptures I am reading!

I love you all and I hope you have a fantastic week! And a happy, happy birthday to my beautiful sister ALI! I LOVE YOU!

HURRAH FOR ISRAEL         

Love,

Sister Tingey      



                             

No comments:

Post a Comment