Tuesday, July 9, 2013

One Day More

In about an hour, I will be set apart as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and I could not be more excited! I have wanted to serve a mission for many years and last October it finally became a reality! I have been called to serve in the Brazil Rio de Janeiro mission and I already am in love with the people and the country! Tomorrow I will enter the Missionary Training Center in Provo, UT and will begin my adventures as a missionary! It's incredibly difficult to be saying goodbye to my friends and family, but I can't wait to share the happiest message and to bring families together. There is a great quote floating around the internet that goes something like this: "Missionary: noun, someone who leaves her family for a short time so that others can be with theirs for eternity". I am ecstatic to be dedicating the next 18 months of my life to my Father in Heaven who has blessed me abundantly. I love you all and I want you all to know that I love my Savior and I can't wait to share His love and teach His gospel to the people of Brazil! The rest of my posts will be letters I will be sending to my family each week to report on my adventures!

Just for fun, I thought I'd add this song to my post because I love it and it embodies a lot of what I have felt as I have received my mission call and have been getting ready to serve a mission! Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Dear Abby,

    You're an amazing missionary already! May the Lord bless and bless you, as you bless His children! So proud to be your aunt. :)

    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete