Friday, October 4, 2013

"So President wants a third bed in your apartment...."

9/30/13

What a week!

Seriously though, this week was incredible but CRAZY!

Tuesday we had exchanges with our Sister Training Leaders which was really fun and I learned so much! I spent the day with Sister Peruch (my grandma) and spent the day in Lacey!

Wednesday we had zone meeting which is always so fun to get together with all of the missionaries in our zone. We just have the best zone ever!!! Wednesday night we had a meeting for all of the ward councils in the stake and all of the missionaries in the stake with Elder Bussey. It was about missionary work and how important it is that the missionaries and members work together. We are on the same team trying to accomplish the same work. The work is exploding in Tacoma Washington and it is so exciting to be a part of it all!

Saturday was the most exciting and stressful and fun and exhausting day! NYGGERIAH GOT BAPTIZED!!!!!! My first baptism! It was the most wonderful day and the most wonderful service! While she was getting dressed I gave the missionary message and taught the restoration to everyone who was there which was a neat experience. It was such a special day and she was so happy and just glowing and her mom kept crying and telling us "You have no idea how much you have blessed our family". This is what it is all about. This is why I am here. I get to take part in the most glorious work on this earth - bringing souls to Christ and helping them and their families work for their Salvation! How great is my calling! 
Saturday night was the Relief Society broadcast! It was so incredible! I just get so giddy when we get to hear from President Monson. The broadcast was so inspiring and a wonderful reminder that we need to always be keeping our covenants and how important prayer is. What a blessing it is that we get to hear from a prophet and apostles and inspired leaders! I CAN'T WAIT FOR GENERAL CONFERENCE! I invite all of you to prepare for general conference this weekend. Write down questions you have and pray about them sincerely and you will be given an answer in conference.
Later Saturday night we got our transfer calls! ....(drum roll please........) Sister Sandau and I are staying together in American Lake and WE ARE TRAINING A NEW SISTER!!!!!! GAH!! WHAT?!! We are going to be in a trio and we are training a brand new sister! I am so excited!!

Sunday was just the most incredible day! So inspiring and uplifting. Our Testimony meeting was so special! Lots of kids got up and bore their testimonies and brought such a special spirit in the room. Nyggeriah and her mom were so close to bearing their testimonies but her mom said if she got up there she would just stand there and cry. Priesthood and Relief Society was a combined meeting and we talked all about missionary work and all of the new changes the church has been through this past year. What an exciting time this is! The tone of the church has definitely taken a turn to a more anxious tone of growth and buzzing excitement for missionary work. I just love the American Lake ward so much! I am finally really getting to know and love all of the members and they are finally loving and getting to know me! Everyone is anxious to help us in this exciting work!

Family and Friends I want you all to know that I know this church is the only true church on the earth today. We are blessed with a modern day prophet and apostles. We are blessed to have the priesthood in our church so that we can properly perform the ordinances of baptism, confirming the gift of the Holy Ghost, blessing the sacrament, giving blessings of health and comfort and so much more! Please share the good news of the gospel! This is such a marvelous gospel and I have been blessed to see it change lives! I love you all so much and I encourage you all to get excited to hear from our prophet and apostles and leaders this weekend! HURRAH FOR ISRAEL!

Love,
Sister Tingey

No comments:

Post a Comment