Wednesday, September 25, 2013

It’s raining cats and dogs!!! ……and spiders!

9/23/13

But seriously there are cats and dogs and spiders EVERYWHERE! And it has started to rain everyday! It’s getting a little chillier here as we are approaching October and my light Brazil clothes may not be enough...hopefully I’ll get my visa soon!

First off: HAPPY BIRTHDAY SNACKY!!!! It's your birthday tomorrow! My little brudder is growing up! I love you so much buddy!
And loves to Grandma Tingey on her day too!

It has been such an incredible week! We got to have a great activity as a mission last Wednesday. We went to a place called Camp Zion and did a ropes course and had a fantastic devotional with president Weaver and his wonderful wife! I had an especially powerful experience at the trust fall activity. I was SO scared to do the trust fall. I did not want to do it at all, but after a little encouragement I got up on the log and turned around to get ready to turn around. I was shaking and so so nervous and scared. Finally i just breathed in and thought of this activity of trusting these other sisters to catch me to be like trusting in Christ to catch me when I fall. So I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and fell. There is nothing like the feeling of being enveloped in warm safe arms after falling like that. It was such a testimony to me how much we need to trust in our Savior and how important it is that we act and show Him that we trust Him and he will always catch us!

During the devotional, President Weaver gave an incredible talk. in summary he said, "Jesus loves you so much" and he talked about how Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ do not condemn us. When we make the wrong decisions, we are only robbing ourselves of the blessings, but we are not condemned.

I really have felt the love of Christ and Heavenly Father for me this week! Every time we get together as a mission we sing "amazing grace' and it is SO powerful! What an incredible, inspired song! I really am feeling like I'm a part of the WA-TAC mission!

Sister Sandau and I have had a scripture/theme for this week. It is Ether 12:27, one of my favorites. In it we are told that we are GIVEN weaknesses. I forget that sometimes. I often just want to be perfect and do everything right and I forget that God gave me weaknesses so that I may be humble. and i am made humble so that I can find strength in Jesus Christ! What a blessing our weaknesses are! God does not expect us to be perfect. he expects us to be our best self!

i am so grateful for the time I have each morning to study! I love the scriptures so much! We are reading the Book of Mormon together as a mission and what a powerful experience that has been!

I am so grateful for the OPPORTUNITY the Lord has given me to serve Him full time  what a blessing it is to be a missionary! Alma 26:12 - "yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY! I am so blessed to be a servant in the Lord's vineyard and to watch over this part of His vineyard in American Lake. I want to do everything in my power to nourish these people. (Jacob 5:47) this morning I had a really special experience and felt that in the pre-mortal world, I told these people that I am talking to and teaching that i would come and help them come back to Christ. What a marvelous work this is, I am so blessed to be a part of it! What a blessing to be able to feel a tiny part of god's love for these people!

Nyggeriah is going to be baptized this Saturday! i am so happy for her! And we have transfer calls this Saturday! GAH! So exciting!

I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!! Be the best member missionaries you can be! The Members are the Means! HURRAH FOR ISRAEL!

Love,
Sister Tingey



No comments:

Post a Comment