Friday, February 28, 2014

hot, Hot, HOT!!!

2/10/14
Oi Familia!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Estou aqui no Brasil!!!!!!!! Minha nossa what a week it has been! I have had so many ups and downs it´s crazy mas ta bom thus is  the life of a missionary!

My first week in Brazil! I can´t even begin to describe how much  I love it here! The people are just incredible! My companion is Sister Rocha! She is from Florianopolis, Brazil and she is INCREDIBLE! She really is an amazing missionary and I am learning so much from her, not only in the language  but in the work a s well! The area I´m serving in is called Fregeusia! It is beautiful and crazy and fun! We have a very rich part in our area and a very poor part in our area and we spend most of our time in the poor part. The people here are so much fun!

I have had many moments of frustration this week with the language but I try to be patient with myself and remember that I have only been here for 1 week. The gift of tongues is real! I have noticed that it is more difficult for me to understand people when we are just talking but when we are in a lesson or talking gospel, I understand much more and I can say more as well! It´s also been a bit tough to get used to how this mission works and the goals they are working towards because it´s a bit different than Washington. mas tudo bom!

This week was filled with miracles! We are working with a lot of families with parents who aren´t married and here in Brazil it´s either too expensive to get married or it takes FOREVER to get permission to get married for free. It´s a big problem here! BUT we received a call from an investigator this week who has been waiting and waiting and waiting to get what she needs to be married for free and miraculously there is an office that is giving out permission for anyone who comes to be married for free!!! È realmente um milagre!  We ran around this week to all of the families we know that aren´t married to go to the office today and receive the certificate!

I really feel truly blessed to be here! I have been learning and growing so much! i have been extremely blessed with a wonderful companion, awesome roommates,  an incredible ward and amazing people in my area! I have met the sweetest families and am blessed to work with the greatest people!

This is the only true church on the earth today. Everyone needs this gospel! I am privileged to share this message with everyone around me all day everyday! I am so happy! Eu sei que Jesus Cristo  é meu salvador. eu sei que o livro de mórmon  é verdadeiro. eu sei que joseph smih foi uma profeta e ele realmente reestabeleceu o verdadeiro igreja de Jesus Cristo.

I love you all so much! Thanks for the love and prayers and support, they are greatly needed! HURRAH FOR ISRAEL!

Love,

Sister Tingey   

1 comment:

  1. Sister Tingey, I'm so glad you're enjoying Brazil ! The people of Rio are probably so glad their prayers have been answered now that you've arrived with the words of the gospel. It's time to bring people unto christ *moroni 10:32* I think, and oh you're such a blessing !
    miss you, bye ! :D

    ReplyDelete