Monday, January 27, 2014

"Focus on today, tomorrow will work itself out."

12/9/13

Hello Familia! What a week! I got to meet with our mission president twice this week! What a blessing that was! On Wednesday he came to our district meeting and met with us individually. It was so good to talk to him and council with him. The best advice he gave me was to focus on today and do the best you can and tomorrow will work itself out! I have been focusing on that a lot this week and it has changed everything! I also was able to receive a blessing from President Weaver and it was so powerful and it brought such clarity and peace to my mind and heart! He is such an incredible man! I am convinced that a huge part of why I was reassigned to Tacoma Washington was so I could have the blessing of serving under President Weaver! He has changed my mission and my life!

Our tri-panionship has seen many miracles this week! We are now over three areas and so we spent the ENTIRE day last Thursday planning, which was rough, but it paid off! Friday came and we made a goal to have 8 return appointments but the end of the night and Heavenly Father blessed us with so many people we met while knocking who asked us to come back the next day. Knocking alone was such a special experience! Sister Stucki felt drawn to go to these specific apartment complexes and we did and we found some incredible people who are ready to learn! The same night we met a girl who has been dating a member for a year and wants to learn more and get baptized! After that we were blessed with a really successful lesson with a less-active woman and her non-member husband. The Lord is good, He knows us and He loves us and He will lead us to those who are prepared!

Saturday exploded with all of our return appointments. It is such a blessing to be so busy! We got to sing some Christmas Carols with members at the Steilacoom High School Bizarre. That was a wonderful experience! We basically didn't stop working from 8 p.m. until 9 p.m. it was an incredible day! Sunday was just as busy! We now go to both wards and so we are in church and meetings from 8:30 am until 4 p.m. then dinner and then the First Presidency Christmas Devotional! Sister Stucki and Elder Hansen spoke in Sacrament meeting in the Steilacoom Ward about the Christmas spirit and what Christmas really is, why we celebrate it. Their talks were very powerful and brought the true spirit of Christmas into the room! It reminds me how blessed I am to be a missionary this time of year! Sister Stucki was also asked to bear her testimony in the American Lake ward and as soon as she got up and started talking the power went out! It was kind of funny actually, but we had sacrament meeting in the dark for a while which was another very interesting experience.

Wasn't the Christmas Devotion wonderful?! I love what Sister Wixom (?) said about "What Happens Next?". This is a beautiful time of year and it is so important we remember what we are celebrating. Take the time to study and put your focus on Christ! I would encourage you all to read President Monson's talk "Because He Came". I love this time of year because everyone is more open to the spirit of Christ. We have to remember that we can have this spirit with us all year long!

I am so grateful for my Savior and for what He has done so that I can return to my Heavenly Father. I want to shout for joy every time I think of His birth and what I can receive and give Because He Came! I am so grateful for my wonderful family for always putting a focus on Christ this time of year. For having a family advent that reminds us of what we are all celebrating! I love you all so much and I hope you have a wonderful week! Have a Merry Merry Christmas and remember what the Savior has done for you!

Merry Christmas!
Love,
Sister Tingey

P.S. Mom, thank you for the package! Our apartment is now all cute and decorated! And thank you for the advent calendar and the nativity scene especially! I love you!

P.S. Transfer week this week! We'll see where I'm going next! LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment