Monday, January 27, 2014

The Lord is Merciful!

11/18/13

Ola Familia!

This week has been quite a week! Let's just say it's been quite the learning curve! It was really difficult to have Sister Sandau leave. Our first couple of days were really rough especially with some new changes to the missionary rules! Missionaries are not to eat after 5 and sisters and elders can only do an activity together on preparation day once a transfer. 5 to 9 is prime proselyting time, which I completely agree with, but it has been difficult to find houses to be in and people to teach so we didn't have very many appointments this week which made for several nights of knocking on doors. Mas TUDO BEM! The Lord is merciful!

After having a rough couple of days of trying to figure things out I feel like I'm starting to get the hang of things! The Lord is good and he helps his missionaries! He also answers prayer!!! I have been given strength this week that I could not have found on my own! I have been supported in my trials! My heart has been filled with joy as I have turned outward and put all of my focus on loving my companion and loving the people we teach and loving the people we serve in the ward and loving the people we talk to everyday! Missionary work is service and service is the key to being happy! If any of you haven't read or listened to Elder Bednar's talk "Character of Christ" I encourage you to do so!

What a blessing it is to be a missionary at this time! The Lord is certainly hastening His work and I get to be a part of it!!! I am so grateful to be serving! My testimony has grown so unbelievably even in the past week! I don't even have the words to describe the love and support I have felt from the Lord this week.

The work has been a little slower but Sunday, we saw miracles! Several of the less active families we have been working with came to church! Nyggeriah and Karen brought 2 friends to church and Karen has work off on Sundays so she can come to all 3 hours every Sunday!!! We finished the lessons with her last night and she is going to get baptized on the 30th of November! That means we are going to have 3 baptisms on the 30th! Such a tender mercy!

I am just filled with gratitude! I have been so humbled by these experiences I've been having. I am so grateful for this gospel! I am so grateful for this time I have to serve and look forward to enjoying every minute of it! I am determined to work hard and do my best and love the Lord and love the people here in American Lake! This week we are turning our focus to the members of the ward, active and less active, and strengthening them and their testimonies! I know that as we turn to Christ and live the principles of His gospel, we will be supported in our trials and we will be blessed! He is the light and the way! I just want to shout for joy every time I think of what Christ has done for me and what I am able to do because of His sacrifice! I get to be with my family for eternity! I get to return to live with my Heavenly Father! I get to have unimaginable joy for eternity! What a blessing it is to have this knowledge and what a joy it is to share it!

Sorry my letter is so random today! I have so many thoughts and emotions! I am so grateful for all of the prayers and support! The Lord is good. He is mindful of us! I love being a missionary! HURRAH FOR ISRAEL!

Love,
Sister Tingey

No comments:

Post a Comment