Monday, January 27, 2014

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!!...ish

12/16/13

Nah, it's still pretty green here haha.

What a week! We began the week with our mission Christmas party! Being a missionary during the Christmas season is the BEST! We had such a good time as a mission and I got to know a lot more amazing missionaries here in the WA-TAC! All of the zones did a skit during the less-spiritual part of the party and our skit was a spoof off of elf and was called "Tingey, the visa waiter" haha. It was all about how I got stuck in the wrong mission and I had to find my real mission but when I got there I called my mission president a fake because he wasn't president weaver. It was good fun! I really love this mission so much! Afterwards my companions and I stayed after to help clean up and we got to have special time with the weavers. Anytime I get with them is such a special time!

This week has definitely been up and down. Sister Phillips has been really sick so we weren't able to work much this week. There were definitely frustrating moments having to be stuck inside the apartment not doing work but I learned so much! I love my companions and they are just as important as our investigators! Needless to say, I got a lot of fun time with Sister Stucki. She is amazing! she has taught me so much! We have a really special bond so it's been wonderful to have this time with her! We even found out that we are cousins!!! Heber C. Kimball is her 4th great grandfather too!!! (gotta love that family history).

Two pretty cool stories for the week: As we sat in the apartment, Sister Stucki and I just prayed that we would be able to work a little bit this one day and that we would have a miracle and can I just say, Heavenly Father answers prayers! Right as we left our apartment to go to our appointment we met this woman named Sky who approached us and asked us about how we baptize people and if we could baptize her baby. We explained to her that children are closer to Christ than anyone and anything so they don't need to be baptized and she really liked that and wants to learn more! Right after that we had a lesson with a woman named Randie who had some LDS friends in southern Utah who were just reactivating. She used to talk with her friend all of the time about the church and she said she could see the blessing that came to her friend's family when they were going to church and living the gospel principles. She told us she wants to be a part of it and would like to get baptized! These two women are incredible! I feel so blessed to have met them! Heavenly Father knows His children and He will lead us to them!

Transfers are this week!!!! (drum roll please.....) I will be moving to STEILACOOM and I will be serving with SISTER STUCKI!!!!!!!! Steilacoom is literally right next to American Lake. Our apartment is just down the hill and we get to stay in the same district! I am so excited! I am devastated to leave my home, American Lake, but I am excited to start working hard with Sister Stucki in Steilacoom! part of our area is also Anderson Island so once a week or so we get to take a ferry across the Puget Sound to Anderson Island! It's going to be a great transfer!

Family, I feel so blessed for this wonderful time of year and for the opportunity I have to be a missionary! Thank you for all of your wonderful notes! You have lifted me up! I love you all so much and am so grateful for all of you and your incredible example! This gospel is so true! The Book of Mormon is powerful! Read it, everyday. Ask if it is true and Heavenly Father will answer that it is! I am so grateful for this season, for the time the world takes to stop and focus on Jesus Christ. Remember what we are celebrating. Remember why this is such a joyous time of year! I love you all!

Thanks for the love! It's been the best birthday ever so far and it will only get better! I get to go to lunch with my zone and tonight we are Christmas caroling as a zone! I am so blessed! I love you!!!!

Scripture that has been on my mind a lot this week: D&C 100: 4-8

Love,

Sister Tingey



No comments:

Post a Comment