Wednesday, September 11, 2013

First week in the field!

8/26/13
OKAY, here we go:

OH MY GOSH I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY! Working in the field is so incredible! Oh first off, here are my addresses:

11428 105th Ave Apt. P-9
Lakewood, WA 98498

Mission Office:
4007 Bridgeport Way West Suite D
University Place, WA 98466-4330

WRITE ME!! I love mail!!!!! Also mom - I need Melanie McKeon's address!!!

So, when we got to the airport, we saw President and Sister Weaver, my new mission presidents!! they are so wonderful and kind! They treat me extra special because I am a "visa waiter"! My first day we spent a lot of it at a transfer meeting that our whole mission does every six weeks and I met my trainer! (Drum roll please.......) her name is SISTER SANDAU!!! She is WONDERFUL! I love her so much! She has been out about 12 weeks so she is pretty new too but she is doing a wonderful job training me!

First week in the field has had up and down moments but overall has been the most amazing thing! (i'm pretty sure missionary work is just up and down moments all the time). Anyways, I have seen so many miracles and have had so many incredible experiences already and it's been a week! As a mission, we knock doors every day 5-7 and that is how we find most of our investigators. Some nights are great nights, some I call "ice cream kind of nights" as in it's time to eat some ice cream right now and eat my feelings....haha no it's hard sometimes but it is so worth it!

I am serving in Lakewood, Washington in the American Lake Ward. Something really cool about my area is that a big chunk of the military base is in our area so we get to go on post all of the time! It's quite the experience being on post and visiting and teaching military families.

First night knocking was quite the experienced, we got yelled and doors slammed but we did give away one Book of Mormon! Oh and we found two golden investigators! But here's the thing, Sister Sandau and I are cursed. We have found about 6 golden investigators this week who are just incredible and ready to hear the gospel, and they aren't in our area!!!! It's rough, but we are glad that we can hopefully be apart of their finding the truth! So first night knocking doors was rough. Second day knocking doors however was a miracle day! Sister Sandau didn't know where we should knock and all of the sudden we drive up in front of this road and she said "I think we need to knock here" and the spirit just rushed into our car! So we jumped out and started knocking. It was slow at first and then all of the sudden about 5 or 6 houses we knocked had families that were interested! One we committed to baptism right on the doorstep and she agreed if she came to find for herself that this is true! SO incredible! This is truly the LORD'S work! We could not be successful without the guidance of the spirit!

Sunday was WONDERFUL! My goodness I love Sundays! Best day of the week! Church was so rejuvenating and uplifting! Only one of our investigators came which was kind of sad but church was great! There is a Brazilian family in our ward so I get to go to their house twice a week for language study and teach them a lesson in Portuguese and just practice with them! I am so excited!!! The ward treats us SO well! Sisters really are spoiled! We get fed every night by members! We also got to give a church tour yesterday! Church tours are really special and a great way to help the investigator feel the spirit in our church!

GAH! I'm running out of time! 

Mom- Some housekeeping:
can you send me my CD's (only church music), a pair of Jeans, and a sweatshirt?

Also, VERY IMPORTANT: I need you to fax my driver's record to the mission office. I need it to be able to drive here. The fax number is: 253-565-0170

And don't forget Melanie's address!

Washington really is just beautiful! I am having the time of my life! There are spiders EVERYWHERE, but the weather is just fantastic and the people are wonderful!

I love this work so much! It is truly the Lord's work! "Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." How great is my calling! I love this work! I love this gospel! And I love my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

I love you all so much! This church is true! Thank you for all of your e-mails! They are so appreciated! Write me! LOVE YOU!!!

HURRAH FOR ISRAEL! Jesus Minha Luz!

Love,

Sister Tingey

No comments:

Post a Comment