Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Hello from the great WA-TAC!

Oi Familia!      9/3/13

What a week! It has been a rough one to say the least, BUT there have also been many miracles and tender mercies that remind me that the Lord loves me and is mindful of me!

Lots of doors slammed in our faces this week. I think I said last week that every night we knock doors for two hours and usually we find at least one or two interested people but this week for four days straight we found NO ONE. It was very difficult to have so many "no's" over and over again. However, in moments where I was at my lowest and wanted to break down, the Lord provided a kind kind person who stopped us and talked to us for a bit, even if they weren't necessarily interested, it meant so much to me to have these people show such kindness towards us when we were having such a difficult time. The Lord knows and loves us!

This week we had a scare in the ward. Some sketchy stuff has been happening on Post - but don't worry mom, Sister Sandau and I have mace. Needless to say, we have felt uneasy going onto post and visiting families in the ward. Last night especially, I felt so uneasy as we drove around post so we went right home and asked the Elders to give us a blessing. Can I just say how grateful I am for worthy priesthood holders who can serve whenever they are needed. After the week we had had we really needed the peace and comfort of a blessing. I was so overwhelmed with the spirit and felt such peace and strength as I was given a blessing! It was exactly what I needed to begin the week ready and determined to work as hard as ever!

This week I have really felt the importance of the spirit in directing and guiding us where to go to find the Lord's elect. I had a really cool experience Saturday night. But first I wanted to talk about Saturday morning because Saturday was just a great day all around! We got to go to a place called Anderson Island as a district and help with the games at their yearly fair. We also got to be in their parade! It was a wonderful way for the people on the Island to see who we were and get to know us a  little better! We had wonderful opportunities to talk to so many people. This is the third year the missionaries have done this and it has made a huge difference on this Island and for the little branch of 25 people.

Okay, so Saturday night, our first hour of knocking was much like the previous nights, no one was interested or would even listen. We still had an hour left to knock and didn't know where to go so we got back in the car and I pleaded with Heavenly Father to help us know where we should go. I immediately had a thought to go knock on these apartments that we had been afraid to knock before because we weren't sure if it was legal. We drove over there and said another prayer to know if this was where we needed to be and I felt the peace and strength I needed to be brave enough to do it. The Lord gives us strength! Our very first door someone said they were busy but told us to come back another day. Our second door however, this wonderful man from Africa answered and was soaking up everything we were saying. He was willing to read the Book of Mormon and read more! It was a miracle! Soon after we knocked on a man's door who is an inactive member and we were able to bear our testimony to him and soften his heart a little bit. I am looking forward to talking to him more and hoping he will come back to the church.

This work would not be possible without the Holy Ghost and without the Book of Mormon. We would not be able to find the people who need to be taught now without the influence of the Spirit! I am so grateful that I have been confirmed with the gift of the Holy Ghost and that I have the power to be led by the Spirit if I am worthy of it. This gospel is so amazing and it is so true! It is so hard when people do not accept it.

Miracle two: So we have been teaching this cute girl named Nigeria and she said that she and her mom love the Book or Mormon and want to get baptized! We hadn't even met her mom at this point! We finally met her mom on Sunday and they both are just so wonderful and incredible and said that they had had some people from other churches come and teach us but that when we came, two strangers, and taught them about what they know and blessed their home, she said there was a different spirit in their home and she said they needed that spirit in their home. They are so wonderful and are prepared!

I am running out of time to write but I love you all so much! I am so happy you had such a wonderful weekend together! I miss you family! Mail is appreciated!!!! (hint hint nudge nudge) but seriously, please write!

I know this is the only true church. I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love us so much and know us individually. I know that we are never alone, that Heavenly Father is always mindful of us. The Holy Ghost is so powerful, always be worthy to have the spirit with you! The Book of Mormon is so powerful! I love it so much and I love that I have an hour everyday to read and study from it personally. I love being a missionary! Even with all of the difficult experiences I am having, I am grateful everyday that I am a missionary! I have the opportunity to witness so many miracles and to change lives! How great is my calling!

I love you all so much! Jesus Minha Luz!   HURRAH FOR ISRAEL!

Love,
Sister Tingey

No comments:

Post a Comment